Jr. Heat Running
Jr. Heat Running seeks to provide the best developmental opportunities for middle distance and endurance athletes in and around the Okanagan. We focus on various elements to help build stronger and faster runners, including building endurance, speed, agility and strength in running through workouts, easy runs, drills and technical coaching.
Our programs are open to anyone who falls into the age requirements. UBCO Heat Cross Country Running offers a variety of programs throughout the calendar year. Check back often for all the latest!
- To prepare athletes to compete at the Canadian post-secondary level (USPORTS and CCAA)
- To foster a connection between the UBCO Heat club runners and the Heat varsity team
- To develop athletes that will become leaders in the running community
- To ensure that running is fun and can become a life-long pursuit
Our fee includes:
- Coaching honorariums & fees
- Facility rentals
- Physical training
Fees do not cover accommodations, transportation, food, or the BC Athletics membership fee.
BC Athletics Membership
All Fall Club participants must have current BC Athletics membership for 2022
- For those who have already purchased a BC Athletics membership for 2022 (i.e. purchased a 2021-2022 membership after September 2021), you do not need to do anything right now, unless you upgrade later to a “competitive membership”.
- Returning members will require a 2022 membership. We recommend the "BC Competitive Membership" for athletes who plan to compete this season. If an athlete does not plan to compete (outside of high school races) they can register for the “Limited and Non-Competitive Membership" ($15.75) which can be upgraded to "Competitive" at any point in the season. A Competitive Membership is required for Club meets, including the BC Club Championships.
- Please select the club: "UBC Okanagan" when registering for your membership.
- All participants require a full membership in BC Athletics for results to be counted.
- For information, rates and registration, visit https://www.bcathletics.org/Membership/
Jr. Heat Running - 2022 Club
Dates: April 5-June 30
Days: Every Tuesday and Thursday 5:30-7:00pm
Location: Apple Bowl
Fees: $450 (*not including the BC Athletics registration fees)
Refer a friend and receive a $50 credit for future camps!